The P&L Motorsports RX-1 FA20F Shortblock addresses the fundamental flaw in the latest generation of Subaru 2.0L FA20 engines, specifically the piston castings and rod design. We start off with a brand new OEM Subaru FA20 2.0L engine, and then proceed to fully disassemble the motor to verify clearances. We do MUCH more then simply drop in a set of pistons and rods!
All engines are case split, and all bearings, surfaces, and critical elements are hand measured. Oil passages are machined for increased oil flow to critical areas of engine internals. We then machine and hone all cylinder bores to match the exact specifications for our pistons. Your fully blueprinted P&L Motorsports RX-1 FA20F Shortblock is then custom fitted with forged alloy pistons and forged I-beam rods.
- OEM Subaru FA20F 2.0L Shortblock
- P&L Spec 10.6:1 Compression Ratio Pistons – Manufactured by CP
- P&L Spec Forged I-Beam Rods – Manufactured by Pauter
- OEM FA20 Crankshaft
- OEM FA20 Crank and Rod Bearings
- Case Split and Blueprinted
- Precision Balanced Rotating Assembly
- Oil Passage Machining for Improved Crank and Rod Oiling
- Fully Machined and Honed Cylinder Liners for Proper Piston to Wall Clearance
- 8500 RPM Capable
- 450+ WHP Capable
- P&L Motorsports RX-1 FA20F Shortblock
- ARP Head Studs – Uninstalled (Optional)
- OEM Subaru FA20 Engine Gasket Kit (Optional)
- 2015 Subaru WRX (6 speed and CVT)
*Due to the volatile nature of high horsepower racing applications and outside circumstances such as inability to monitor proper break in, engine oil selection, ancillary mechanical faults, and improper ECU calibration do not allow us to provide a warranty for these assemblies.