It was inevitable. People have asked for years when we’d start releasing engines built to our own specifications. After years of aggressive motorsport experience, it was a natural transition for us to apply what we’ve liked and not liked about the different specifications we’ve tried.
What we have here is the beginning in P&L Motorsport's staged series of Signature Series engines. Stage 1 addresses the fundamental flaw in the latest generation of the 2.5L engine, the piston castings. We start off with a brand new 2.5L engine and then proceed to FULLY disassemble the motor and verify clearances. We do MUCH more than simply drop in a set of pistons!
All engines are case split, and ball bearings, surfaces, and critical elements are hand measured. We then machine and hone all cylinder bore to match the exact specifications for our pistons. Your fully blue-printed engine is then custom fitted with forged alloy pistons custom manufactured by CP, for us.
- New Subaru 2.5L Engine
- Case Split and Disassembled
- Fully machined and honed cylinder liners to assure proper piston to wall clearances and maximize engine life
- Bore specific, custom-fitted pistons exclusively made for P&L Motorsports by CP
- OEM Forged EJ257 Crankshaft
- OEM Forged EJ257 Connecting rods
- CP High-Performance Piston Rings
- 7500 RPM maximum Rev-Limit
*Due to the volatile nature of high horsepower racing applications and outside circumstances such as inability to monitor proper break-in, engine oil selection, ancillary mechanical faults, and improper ECU calibration do not allow us to provide a warranty for these assemblies.